Pasta with tomato sauce, caramelized onions and salami
This is such a comforting meal, very satisfying, but without the guilt!
What you will need(dinner for four)
· 400 g of pasta
· Bottle of passata(tomato sauce)
· About a handful of turkey salami, sliced
· 1 red onion sliced in rings
· 1 clove of garlic, finely sliced(little tip, crush it, then slice it. This way is faster and easier)
· 2 tablespoons of sugar
· Oregano and basil
· Salt and pepper
- First fill a big pan (with a lid) with water, add some salt and bring to the boil.
- Then heat a large saucepan(on a low heat) and then some olive oil. Sauté the onion rings for a few minutes on a medium heat, add some sugar and wait until the onions are caramelized.
- Then add the salami, and finally the garlic. Once you can see the garlic has softened and it smells amazing, add the passata and stir the sauce. Turn the heat down to low, and put a lid on the pan.
- Now, in big pan, in the boiling water, add the pasta. Wait until the water is boiling again and just cook the pasta as long as it says on packing.
- Taste the sauce, add the oregano and basil. Turn of the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta, add it to the sauce. Serve with some parmesan, some extra fresh basil leaves and eat quickly!
We hope you like it!